Friday, March 9, 2018
Crews are currently installing the pipeline at the following locations:
- 55th Avenue at Logan Court.
- Logan Court, between 55th and 56th avenues.
- Road A/Logan Court, south of 55th Avenue.
- 62nd Avenue, between Washington and Downing streets.
- Northbound Washington Street, between 58th and 64th avenues.
During the construction activities, the following roadway restrictions will be in place:
- Closure of 55th Avenue in both directions at Logan Court. To bypass the work area, use 56th Avenue and Lincoln Street.
- Partial closure of Logan Court between 55th and 56th Avenues. To bypass the work area, use Pennsylvania Street.
- Reduced lanes on southbound Road A/Logan Court, south of 55th Avenue.
- Eastbound closure of 62nd Avenue from Washington Street. To bypass the work area, use 64th Avenue and Downing Street.
- Reduced lanes on northbound Washington Street between 58th and 64th avenues.
Crews are currently installing the pipeline in Denver underneath Interstate 25 (I-25). The work areas associated with this work include Cahita Court at 45th Avenue and 45th Avenue, between Pennsylvania and Pearl streets.
During the construction activities to install the pipeline under I-25, the following roadway restrictions will be in place:
- Full closure of Cahita Court at 45th Avenue. To bypass the work area, drivers should use Cherokee Street.
- Eastbound closure of 45th Avenue between Pennsylvania and Pearl streets. Westbound 45th Avenue traffic will continue to use 45th Avenue, and eastbound 45th Avenue traffic will use Pennsylvania Street, 44th Avenue and Pearl Street to bypass the work area.
Additionally, crews will be verifying the existing location of underground utilities via potholing along northbound Cherokee Street, between 43rd and 45th avenues. During this activity, a shifting closure of northbound Cherokee Street, between 43rd and 45th avenues, will occur, and there will be street parking restrictions in the work area.
We will have traffic control set up during construction activities. Area commuters, pedestrians and cyclists should expect traffic flaggers, construction traffic and potential delays when navigating through the work areas. For your safety and the safety of the crews, please follow all posted detour signs and directions from construction personnel.
Please note that construction schedules are subject to change due to inclement weather or other factors.
For additional information on the construction process, please visit our Construction Information page on this website.